Quinoa is basically a miracle food. It’s super healthy, not to mention delicious in every way, shape, and form. I’d tried a plethora of different savory concoctions, but this was my first foray into the realm of the sweet. Quinoa granola does not disappoint. Its texture is crunchier than the oaty variety, its flavor nuttier. Delish!
Adapted from Donna Hay’s Fresh and Light
- 1 1/2 cups white quinoa
- 1 1/2 rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- and last but not least, a splash of vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Throw all the ingredients into a big bowl and mix well.
3. Spread out on to two baking sheets lined with oven paper.
4. Bake until golden. (Donna says 15 minutes, but it took mine at least 25 minutes. I’d start with 15 minutes and then check it periodically for color.)
5. Allow the granola to cool before transferring.
Topped with thick yogurt and apricot jam, it was to die for!